Splashing cash on skin creams, cleansers, toners and treatments to make you look younger? We’re probably all guilty here. These 5 tips will help you look younger from the inside and out.
- Include at least 5 serves of vegetables each day. Vitamin C helps to brighten and prevent dry skin. See here if you need more convincing on the veg front…
- Eat blue fruits such as blueberries and blackberries. Anthocyanin’s in these fruits are thought to help increase collagen production, making skin look firmer.
- Eating foods rich in Carotenoids (pigments produced by plants and algae) have been shown to give your skin a yellow glow which can make skin look healthier. Look for the orange veggies for the richest sources, carrots, rockmelon/cantaloupe and sweet potato.
- Fish, shellfish, milk and milk products, poultry and eggs are rich in Vitamin A and Zinc, both of these work to regenerate our skin and hair
- Eat good fats rich in Vitamin E including Oily fish, shellfish, Avocado, sunflower oil, nuts, seeds and green leafy vegetables. Vitamin E prevents damage to cell membranes – including skin cells! If you don’t quite get enough fish in then consider taking a fish oil supplement. A Dietitian, Pharmacist or Doctor can help with this.
- Last but not least – drink plenty of water! Good hydration means makes your skin glow and plumps up your cells and wrinkles.
Now go away and get gorgeous!
Beauty sleep is also key for looking fresh. For 8 ways to get a better nights sleep read this article from Dr Cris Beer.